How do you connect Samsung TV to Alexa?
How do you connect Samsung TV to AlexaYou might be interested as it makes your life more enjoyable, easy, and comfortable.
Amazon’s Alexa, which can perform many amazing tasks, is undoubtedly taking the world by storm. Samsung TVs now have Alexa built-in, so you can use voice commands to control the TV. You can change the channel, play or pause a video, open apps, and adjust the volume.
How do I connect Samsung TV and Alexa? Compatibility
TVs made in 2018 and later should have better functionality. The Alexa process was initially compatible with a TV that was manufactured after August 2017. TVs made after this date are generally compatible. An Amazon Alexa-compatible Samsung TV recently purchased can support SmartThings and Amazon Alexa.
Some TVs let you speak to Alexa without the use of the remote. If your TV doesn’t have Alexa built-in, you can use the virtual assistant through the Echo speaker. This allows you to control compatible smart-home devices as well as some TV experiences.
These Samsung TVs come with Alexa built-in:
- All 2021 smart TV models
- 2020 The Serif and The Sero, The Sero, The Frame, and The Terrace TVs
- 2020 8K and QLED TVs 4K
- 2020 TU8000+ Crystal UHD TVs
These TVs allow Alexa to speak hands-free on the screen.
Note Alexa’s hands-free range is typically within 5 feet (1.5 meters). Make sure you’re within the range of Alexa while speaking to her. You can also use the microphone button on your remote to speak to Alexa.
If you are unsure if your model will work with Alexa, you can check your model number and its information on the Samsung website or the SmartThings app. You can find the model number on the back of your TV or the product information label.
How to connect Samsung TV to Alexa Step-by-Step Guide
When connected to Alexa or Smart Samsung TVs, you will enjoy amazing benefits. Before you move on, ensure that there is an internet connection and a Samsung SmartThings application installed on your mobile phone.
This guide will show you how to connect your Smart Samsung TV with Alexa.
Step 1: Set up Smart Samsung TV or Alexa Device
Make sure your Smart Samsung TV is properly set up. Switch on the TV, sign in to your Samsung Account, complete the initial setup and connect it to your wireless network.
Set up an Amazon Alexa device. Make sure it is turned on and connected to a power source. Finally, connect it with the same Wi-Fi network to which your Samsung Smart TV has been attached.
Step 2 – Connect Smart Samsung TV with SmartThings Hub
Connect SmartThings Hub with the same Wi-Fi network that your TV is connected to. Follow these steps to attach them both:
- Turn on your Samsung TV using the Samsung remote power button.
- The remote can be used to access the menu button.
- Navigate to Smart Hub
- Register for a Samsung Account
- You can check for your Smart Samsung TV using the Samsung SmartThing mobile application.
- It will connect your Samsung TV with SmartThings Hub by tapping on it.
Step 3: Launching your apps
Log in to TV using your Samsung account. To synchronize the two devices using your smartphone, download the Samsung SmartThings and Amazon Alexa apps.
The Samsung SmartThings App can be downloaded from the Store. Sign in using the same account information that you used for your TV’s Samsung account and the Amazon account. You can also download and launch Amazon Alexa.
Step 4: Locate your Samsung TV using the Samsung SmartThings App
Samsung TV can be found in the Samsung SmartThings App to be considered a basic smart device that can be connected to Alexa.
- Open the Samsung SmartThings App on your smartphone
- Click the Device menu in the center of your screen.
- Click on the Add Device button
- You can locate your Samsung TV by turning on your TV.
- You can pair your phone with the TV by selecting the Smart Samsung TV. Toggling the button beside it will enable you to use your phone as a smart device.
Step 5: Connecting Alexa and Samsung SmartThings
Sign in with your Samsung account to enable the Samsung SmartThings skill on the Amazon Alexa app.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app from a smartphone.
- Click the menu option in the upper-left corner of your screen
- Choose the Smart Home
- Type Samsung SmartThings in the search bar and click on it
- To use it, click on Enable
- You will see a new sign-in window for your Samsung SmartThings.
- Sign in using the login credentials
- This will connect the accounts.
Step 6: Select Smart Samsung TV in Alexa app
After activating the Samsung SmartThings skill select your Samsung TV. Now Alexa will automatically connect to your Samsung TV.
You can control your Smart Samsung TV using Alexa. You can turn on your TV, adjust its volume, or switch to other channels.
When thinking about how to connect Samsung TV and Alexa, the first thing to come to mind is to use its mind-blowing voice control feature for functioning.
You can connect your Samsung TV to an Alexa-enabled device by setting up the SmartThings skill or SmartThings application. These smart home products can be connected to your TV for greater convenience.
Are you still trying to locate your remote control to turn off your TV? Just say “Power Off” and you will be able to enjoy your comfort.