The best thing about a tablet or laptop is its speed and efficiency. However, the screen size can be a problem if you are using it to watch online videos or listen to music. For instance, watching a movie on a large-screen TV is way more enjoyable than watching it on a laptop or tablet, such as Chromebook.
Chromebook’s amazing features make it extremely flexible and can easily be cast to other devices. Let’s see how different devices can be cast to Chromebooks.
How to cast from Chromebook on TV
You can easily transfer your Chromebook to a smart TV, so you can watch your favorite shows and movies on a bigger screen. Once you know how to do this, you can turn your house into a movie theatre for movie nights or family gatherings.
You can cast from Chromebook or Chromebook to TV in two ways:
1 – Connect your Chromebook to your TV using an HDMI cable
An HDMI cable can be used to connect your Chromebook to a smart television if it has an HDMI port. If your Chromebook has a USB port, you will need a USB adapter to connect it with an HDMI cable.
These are the steps to connect Chromebook and TV with an HDMI cable.
- Connect one end of your HDMI cable to the port on the Chromebook. If you are using an adapter, then first connect the HDMI cable to the adapter and then insert the other end of the HDMI cable into one of the USB-C ports available on your Chromebook.
- Next, plug the HDMI cable’s other end into the TV. The HDMI ports on HDTVs are usually located on the sides of the screen, at the bottom, or on the rear panel.
- Turn on your Chromebook and then boot it up.
- Turn on the TV, and choose the appropriate input channel (e.g HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.).
- This allows the TV to display a partial screen from your Chromebook. You may need to adjust the TV settings to switch to full-screen mode. Click on the CLOCK in the bottom right corner of the screen and then click on “Settings (gear icon).
- After Chromebook settings have been displayed scroll down to locate the “Devices” option, and then click “Displays”.
- Make sure to enable the box called “Mirror Internal Display”.
Your entire Chromebook screen should now be visible on your HDTV. You will notice a much bigger view of your tablet/laptop screen as you browse the internet and open apps like normal. This is one of the most common ways to stream movies and videos on YouTube and Netflix.
2 – Connect your Chromebook to your TV wirelessly
Chromecast is compatible with all Chromebook tablets and laptops. If you wish to cast Chromebook to your TV wirelessly or without cables, once Chromecast has been installed, these are the steps to follow.
- Click on the CLOCK button on the Chromebook shelf, then click on “Cast”.
- Select the Chromecast device you prefer from the following list.
- After the pop-up window has opened, select your desktop type and click on “Share”.
You can instantly cast your Chromebook screen to the HDTV by pressing the “Start” button.
How to cast Chromebook to TV with Chromecast
These are the steps to connect Chromebook to HDTV without Chromecast.
How to cast Chromebook from Chromecast to TV
- Subscribe to Android TV Box and get a device.
- An HDMI cable connects it to your HDTV or Chromebook.
- You should make sure your TV can receive input from Android TV.
- Open Chrome browser on your Chromebook. Click on the three dots icon, then click on “Cast”.
- After the setup is completed, you will receive a list with options to connect the Chromebook to your TV screen.
- To see which casting options are available, click on the “Cast devices” link in the lower right corner of the bottom bar.
Click on “Internal Display” to cast everything from Chromebook to HDTV. Next, click “Share”.
Click on the “Play on Television” button to play YouTube videos from Chromebook. It’s a rectangle with three curvy lines at the lower right of the YouTube player screen.
You can also use the same procedure for Netflix as YouTube: Click on the “Cast” icon in the bottom right corner.
How to cast Phone from Chromebook (iOS or Android)
Casting a phone to Chromebook is simple if your smartphone runs Android version 4.4.2 and higher. It is important to ensure that your phone does not become completely dead, especially when you are casting it to Chromebook.
Here are the steps to cast your Android phone to Chromebook
- Open Google Home App (the same one you used to set up Chromecast).
- Tap the Menu button in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Click on “Cast Screen/Audio” at the top of your drop-down menu
- Next, tap on the “Cast Screen/Audio” button again before choosing Chromecast from the drop-down menu.
These are the four steps that will convert your Android phone screen into a Chromebook.
You will need to download an app to cast iPhone to Chromebook. These are our top three options for connecting iPhone to Chromebook:
- Reflector 3
To convert your Apple iPhone to a Chromebook, simply download one of the apps below.
- Use the same Wi-Fi network to connect your iPhone and Chromebook
- Start the app that you downloaded
- Click the “Show QR Code” button
- Next, scan the QR code from the Chromebook with your iPhone
These are the steps to convert your iPhone to Chromebook.
How to mirror Chromebook to Roku
Roku TV is a very popular streaming device and is a favorite of millions of users around the world. You will want to cast your Chromebook directly to Roku to enjoy an amazing viewing experience on HDTV.
Here are the steps to mirror Chromebook to Roku.
- Connect the HDMI adapter with your Chromebook
- Connect the HDMI cable to an HDMI adapter
- Connect the HDMI cable at the other end to your HDTV
- Turn on your Chromebook and HDTV, and the Chromebook screen will appear on your TV.
Google Chromebook’s exciting features are magnified when you can view them on a large-screen, high-definition TV. To cast different devices’ screens onto your smart tvs, such as Chromebook and Android, follow the steps above. Drop a comment below to let us know what you think about this guide.