With the Discover It Credit Card, you can enjoy all of the perks of a major credit card without any of the fees. This popular card has become a favorite among shoppers who want to get rewards for their purchases but don’t want to pay hefty annual fees. In this review, we will take a closer look at what makes the Discover It Credit Card so attractive and whether or not it is worth getting. We’ll go over its features, benefits, drawbacks and more so that you can decide if this credit card is right for you.
What is the Discover It Credit Card?
The Discover It Credit Card is a cash back credit card that offers 5% cash back on rotating quarterly categories and 1% cash back on all other purchases. There is no annual fee for this card and it also offers an introductory 0% APR period for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. Discover also offers a unique feature called Cashback Match which will double the cash back earned at the end of the first year of card ownership.
How Does the Discover It Credit Card Work?
The Discover It credit card is a great way to earn cash back on your everyday purchases. You’ll earn 5% cash back in categories that rotate every quarter, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. Plus, there’s no annual fee and your cash back never expires. Here’s how it works:
Every quarter, Discover will announce 5% cash back categories. All you have to do is activate the offer and use your Discover card at businesses in that category. For example, if the category is gas stations, you’ll earn 5% cash back on all your gas purchases for the quarter. Once you’ve activated the offer, simply use your card as usual and the cash back will be applied to your account automatically.
At the end of each billing period, Discover will calculate how much cash back you’ve earned and apply it to your account balance. If you have a balance remaining, you’ll be charged interest on that amount (at a rate of 13.99% – 24.99% APR). Cashback rewards never expire – so you can save up for a big purchase or use them to offset future costs. There’s also no limit to how much cash back you can earn.
To redeem your rewards, simply log into your account online or mobile app and choose how you’d like to receive them – as a statement credit, direct deposit into a checking or savings account, or even donate them to charity. You can also use your rewards at select retailers to get discounts or special offers.
What Are the Benefits of the Discover It Credit Card?
If you’re looking for a Discover it® credit card, you may be wondering what the benefits are. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the most popular perks:
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months
- Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com, or wholesale clubs up to the quarterly maximum when you sign up2 • Plus, earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Redeem your cash back for any amount, any time
- Get your cash back as a statement credit or direct deposit into your bank account
- No annual fee
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers
- $0 fraud liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
- Intro APR applies to balance transfers made within 30 days of account opening. After that, the standard variable APR applies (14.24% – 25.24%). Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred with a minimum of $5.
- Rewards Program Agreement: For more information about the 5% Cashback Bonus program
- See Rates & Fees
- We will approve and submit transactions to your bank within minutes but it may take 1-2 business days for them to appear in your bank account depending upon your bank’s processing time.
- See Discover’s Zero Liability Policy for more details.
What Are the Disadvantages of the Discover It Credit Card?
The Discover It Credit Card has a few disadvantages. First, the interest rate is higher than some other credit cards. Second, there is no grace period on balance transfers, so if you transfer a balance and then don’t pay it off right away, you’ll start accruing interest immediately. Finally, the late payment fee is higher than average at $39. Overall, these are relatively minor drawbacks compared to the card’s many advantages, but they’re worth considering before you apply.
How to Apply for the Discover It Credit Card
To apply for the Discover it credit card, you’ll need to provide some personal information including your name, address, date of birth, and social security number. You’ll also need to provide financial information such as your annual income and employment status. Once you’ve provided all of the required information, you can submit your application online or over the phone.
If you’re approved for the Discover it credit card, you’ll receive an initial credit limit of $500. This credit limit may be increased or decreased based on your credit history and payment history with Discover.
The Discover It Credit Card is an excellent choice for those who want to earn cash back rewards with no annual fee. The card offers great benefits such as a 0% intro APR, access to your FICO credit score, and the ability to shop online safely with its secure network. With all these features and more, it’s easy to see why the Discover It Credit Card has become so popular among consumers. Whether you’re looking for a great way to build your credit or simply maximize your spending power, this card is definitely worth considering.