The Best Lenses For Food Videography – Overview
5 best lenses for food videography this is the key question to ask when you want to capture the video of your favorite dish. Now it is time to get the lenses. You can check out the best cameras for cooking videos.
Another great investment is the lens. This depends on what body brand you have. It could be Canon, Nikon, or another camera brand. The lenses must work with your main camera.
It is important to learn more about the lenses you need to take still photos and make videos. It is important to focus on each food item when you are doing food videography. Before you buy lenses for your camera, do some research.
5 Best Lenses For Food Videography – The List
The sensor you choose is an important aspect. This also includes the focal length and aperture of the lens. A macro lens, wide-angle lens, and zoom lens are required for food videography. Telephoto is not a good choice as you will not be photographing food or objects from a distance.
Here are the best lenses for food videography if you’re serious about it.
|Lens||Min. Min. Focal Length||Maximum Picture||Lens Type||Weight||Price|
|Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM||24-70mm||f/2.8||Standard Zoom Lens – Wide Angle||802 grams||Check Price|
|Sony E-mount FE 24mm F1.4 GM||24mm||f/1.4||Full Frame Prime Lenses – Wide Angle||444 grams||Check Price|
|Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM||100mm||f/2.8||Macro Lens – Telephoto||625 grams||Check Price|
|Sigma DG HSM Lens F1.4 & 35mm Focal Length||35mm||f/1.4||Hypersonic Motor Lenses (HSM-Wide Angle)||666 grams||Check Price|
|Nikon Auto Focus NIKKOR Fixed Lens f/1.8G 85mm||85mm||f/1.8G||Telephoto Lens||350 grams||Check Price|
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Canon brings the best of videography with a redesigned EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM lens. It is a durable lens that offers high-end optics and long-lasting use.
This professional zoom lens is made to last. This performance lens will capture all of your food recipes. It also features a large aperture that utilizes UD lens elements. The wide-angle camera will not cause any color blurring or aberration.
- Large aperture measuring 24-70 mm in diameter with a focal length of 1:2.8
- Lenses equipped with 18 elements in different groups
- USM allows for excellent focusing adjustments5 Best Lenses For Food Videography – Canon EF 2470mm f/2.8L USM
Sony E-mount FE 24mm F1.4 GM
Sony’s full-frame E mount wide-angle prime lens features an innovative optical design. It delivers outstanding videography with corner to corner resolution.
This lens features extreme aspherical elements and extra-low dispersion glasses elements. The F/1.4 aperture can produce bokeh shots.
- It is dust and water-resistant and can be handled with confidence.
- If the footage must be shot outdoors under the night sky, this lens is ideal for night photography and videography.
- Ghosting is prevented by reducing flares and reflections
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM
This Canon lens is a great choice because of its outstanding image quality and video quality. Videography of food can be enhanced with the 1:1 macro magnification ratio.
It can also be used for portrait work and is best suited to handheld videography. Its lightweight design and hybrid image stabilization make it an excellent prime macro lens.
The key features
- Lenses with a focal length of 100mm and 15 elements in multiple groups
- To pop out videos of food or dishes, you need to be within a 0.3m distance.
- High-tech image stabilization using a macro lens for mid-telephoto shots
- Ultrasonic focusing allows for close-up real-life capabilities
Sigma DG HSM Lens F1.4 and 35mm Focal Length
Sigma’s flagship lens, the Sigma Sigma XF35mm F3.5L IS is a true masterpiece. It features state-of-the-art capabilities and full-frame cameras. The unique 35mm focal length allows for artistic expressions thanks to its unique design.
Further, it is equipped with a floating internal focusing system that helps in quiet, high speed, and accurate videography. The optical performance of the camera is excellent, even when subjects are at a closer range.
Sigma technology allows for high-speed focus and large apertures.
- An inner focusing system with hypersonic motor for better footage
- Wide-angle superior lens supporting Canon DSLR
Nikon Auto Focus NIKKOR Fixed Lens with f/1.8G 85mm
This is a great lens for cameras with low light capabilities and a large aperture. The compact and fast prime lens, the autofocus NIKKOR 85mm F/1.8G fixed lens, is compact and lightweight. It is a mid-range telephoto lens that can capture the best footage for food or dishes.
HD videos can be shot in low-light situations and wide-open portrait shots. The shallow depth of field also blurs the background. This allows you to highlight your favorite foods.
- Lenses with medium telephoto and fast aperture
- Internal focus and silent wave motor.
- Better suited for Nikon DSLR cameras
- 85mm fixed lens, minimum focus range 0.8m
You are now! You now have the best options for food videography. You can choose the best lens for your Sony, Canon, Nikon, or Canon camera. The best videography is possible when you choose the right lens. Go for it!