The docking station is a device that connects multiple accessories and computer peripherals to the laptop via a single connection point. The docking port and single cable allow you to connect or disconnect your laptop easily from the docking station.
How to connect 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop docking station
Before you get started
The docking station from Lenovo (below), is a fast and reliable way to connect 3 monitors to your Lenovo laptop.
Connecting multiple monitors to the Lenovo laptop setup is determined by the number of VGA, HDMI, and DVI ports available.
It’s sometimes easy to connect to these ports via the USB 3.0 adaptor. However, it can become complicated if there are multiple USB ports on the laptop.
The Lenovo dock can connect the three 4K displays simultaneously via the two display ports and USB 3.0 port.
Steps to take connecting 3 monitors to a Lenovo laptop docking station
Step 1. Establishing the connection
Verify that the video card of your laptop supports all three monitors simultaneously.
Connect the monitors to your docking station using the HDMI, DVI, or VGA ports.
Connect the Lenovo laptop and docking station.
To configure monitors on Windows 10, follow the next step.
Step 2. Setting up 3 monitors on the Windows 10
Once you build the 3 monitors, docking station, and laptop connection, you have to check whether or not the PC has detected the monitors.
In case you find that the PC does not automatically detect the new monitor, you have to go to display settings > right-click anywhere on the desktop > select display settings > go to the rearrange your displays > select Detect a new monitor.
Splitting screens between the laptop and the 3 external monitors:
Right-click anywhere on the desktop > select display settings > go to multiple displays > select the number of monitors to be displayed, here 3 > select extend these displays from the drop-down list.
Step 3. Changing the order of displays
Right-click on any part of the desktop to change the order of your monitors. To do this, click on the display that you wish to rearrange and then place it in the position you prefer.
Configuring graphics on 3 external monitors along with the Lenovo laptop
1. 1. First, position the port replicator exactly where you want the monitors to be placed.
2. Next, connect the power cable and plug it in. Connect the one end of your display port cable to both the replicator as well as the other end to your display port monitor display.
3. The next step is to connect and plug the power cable for your LCD. Next, turn on your monitor display and place it wherever you like.
4. You will need to repeat steps 2 and 3, for each DisplayPort monitor display.
5. Now, turn off your portable system and dock it on the replicator.
6. Turn on the system. After Windows has started, all three screens should display the graphics.
7. Right-click the desktop and click Graphics Properties. You can adjust the resolution and position of external monitors. You can also alter the default display to any screen you prefer.
8. Connect one end of the VGA cable to the replicator, and the other to the analog VGA monitor display.
9. Connect the VGA monitor power cable, and then plug it in.
10. An external keyboard and mouse can be connected to the replicator. Three monitors will also be connected with analog inputs. This is for replacing your portable display. You will now need to shut down the system, turn it off, and then dock the system to your replicator.
11. Now, press the power button to turn on the replicator. All three external monitors will now display the graphics once the windows have started to function. Right-click on the desktop and click graphic properties to adjust the resolution and display positions.
Summing it up
These steps will allow you to connect 3 monitors to your Lenovo laptop docking station. Stay tuned to this blog for more information and updates about your favorite products.