How to connect your phone to the Samsung Smart TV – Overview
How do I connect my phone to a Samsung smart TV? Smartphones have become smarter over time. Televisions with smart functionality are becoming more popular thanks to technological advances. The days of black-and-white phones are gone. Televisions have seen a lot of innovation since their inception. Everything is now possible with LED and curve displays, from CRTs to LCDs.
There are many options when it comes to connecting your smartphone to a smart TV. The second option is to pair your smartphone with a smart TV. This gives you the best of both. You can view media directly from your smartphone onto the TVs. These media include photos, videos, and audio.
It also depends on how your phone connects with a smart TV. It doesn’t matter if it is an Android smartphone or an iPhone. They both work differently. We will discuss the different methods of connecting your smartphone to your Samsung smart television. This process will vary depending on how you pair your smartphone with the TV.
Wireless connectivity – How to connect your phone to a Samsung Smart TV
How do I connect my phone to my Samsung smart TV? Connecting your iPhone
We will first look at how to connect your iPhone to the Samsung smart television. Learn more about how to pair your smartphone with a smart TV. These methods include Airplay, wireless mirroring, and using an AV adapter.
Use Airplay to connect
iPhones and iOS devices can now connect to smart devices using Airplay. Airplay 2 now supports the feature. Many Samsung TVs support Airplay 2 technology, including the latest models.
These steps will allow you to connect your iPhone to a Samsung smart TV via airplay.
- First, make sure that the two devices – iPhone & Samsung TV – are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Next, make sure that Airplay is turned on for your iPhone. You can find the Screen mirroring option in the Control center on iOS 12 or newer. Airplay is now the new name.
- If your smart TV supports Airplay 2 technology it will be listed in the devices section. Connect by tapping on the icon.
- Open the media streaming, photos, or Apple Music app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Airplay icon. You will see the content mirroring from your iPhone onto the Samsung smart TV.
Note To disable Airplay, open the Control Center on iPhone and tap on the Screen Mirroring option. Next, click on the Stop Mirroring text in that popup.
Method 1: Using Lightning AV adapter
This is a simple way to connect iPhone to Samsung smart television. The AV adapter connects your iPhone to the smart television using lightning or HDMI cables. This adapter is compatible with iPads as well as iPhones.
Take a look at how to physically connect a phone with a smart television.
- Connect the adapter to your iPhone using the lightning connector.
- Connect your smart TV to it using an HDMI cable (sold separately).
- In the TV settings, change the input source from the adapter. The smart TV will mirror your iPhone’s screen.
The Lightning AV adapter can be purchased from here. Make sure you get an additional HDMI cable to connect your phone to your smart TV.
Method 2: Using Samsung Apps
Another wireless solution that allows you to use Samsung apps on iPhone. The Smartview app by Samsung allows you to mirror iPhones onto Samsung TVs.
Follow these steps to use Samsung Smart View app with iPhone.
- First, connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network
- Open the Samsung smart view app on your iPhone. Enter the code found on your Samsung smart television.
- After entering the code correctly, the devices will connect wirelessly.
Mirroring is an option that some apps offer in addition to the usual ways you can connect your iPhone. YouTube is one such app, and you can view videos on your smart TV.
How do I connect my phone to my Samsung smart TV? Connecting your Android Smartphone
We have already discussed how to connect an iPhone to a Smart TV. Let’s now talk a bit about how to connect Android Smartphones.
Note We have provided the steps and methods to connect a Samsung Smartphone to a Samsung Smart TV.
Method 1: Mirroring using Samsung SmartThings App
- First, ensure that you are always connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Samsung SmartThings App on your Samsung Smartphone. Select your TV name from the app.
- After selecting your TV, tap on Mirror Screen from the additional options (three dots action button).
- Mirroring allows you to see the content of your phone on the TV.
Method 2: Screencasting the phone’s content
You will need a screen-casting device, such as Google Chromecast. The device must be set up and the Google Home application installed on the phone.
- Connect the Chromecast device to your smart TV and set the source as the HDMI or Chromecast.
- Open the Google Home app from your phone to set up the device. For configuration, you will need to use Google Mail.
- Once you have set it, open any app on your Android Smartphone and click the Cast button. YouTube, Netflix, and other apps are great for casting your phone content to the smart TV.
Method 3: Samsung SmartThings app
The app works the same way as iPhone but is now upgraded to SmartThings. This app can be installed on your Samsung Smartphone. This app allows you to mirror the screen of your phone onto smart TVs.
- Always make sure your TV and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- You can remove the notification shade from your smartphone’s screen by dragging it down. You will also find Smart View.
- Now, tap on the Samsung TV that is displayed in the popup. The app will mirror the screen of your phone to the TV.
Wrapping it all
You are there. We’ve shared how to connect iPhone and Android phones to a smart television. The majority of these methods are free. The lightning adapter is a good hardware device for connectivity. I hope you will follow these steps to enjoy media on your Samsung smart television.