It is very easy to use dual monitors with Windows 10. There are some situations where it may be difficult to configure. These steps will help you configure your dual monitor setup using Windows 10.
Get started with the multi-monitor setup
Before you configure the dual monitor setup, ensure that all cables are connected to the monitors as well as the computer. The cables should include the necessary cables to connect the power and video signals using VGA or HDMI, DVI, DVI, DisplayPort, or DVI. If you are unsure, verify the manufacturer and model details to get a better understanding of the specifications.
Rearrangement for the dual-display on windows 10
Connect the monitor to the available video ports. Follow these steps to arrange your monitor in Windows 10.
- Open SETTINGS
- Click on the System tab and then click the “Under-display” tab
- You will need to drag and drop each display option under the section “select and rearrange” to arrange them according to the physical layout of your desktop.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
After you have completed these steps, Windows 10 will save your physical layout. This will allow you to navigate between each display and run the apps with no problems.
Adjustment of the display size and layout for windows 10
Follow these steps to select the right scale set.
- Open SETTINGS
- Click on the System tab
- Click on the Display tab.
- You will need to click on the Displays section to arrange it and then select the monitor you wish to adjust.
- To adjust the scale, select the option to “change the text size” or other options. This is in the form of a dropdown menu, which will help you select the right scale.
Advanced scaling settings can be used. Here you can select a scale between 100 % and 500 %. After making your selection, click the “Apply” button.
Multiple display viewing modes are available
- Click on SETTINGS
- Click on System
- Click on display to open the section ‘Select and rearrange display.’ Select the monitor you wish to adjust.
- You will see three options under the Multiple Display section: duplicate desktop, extend and disconnect this display. Click the one that suits your preference and move on to the next step.
You can switch the display mode using a shortcut, in addition to the SETTINGS application. Windows 10 allows you to change the display mode by using the project feature. It can be accessed by clicking Windows key + P.
Selecting an orientation
Windows 10 allows you to rotate your screen vertically or horizontally. You can choose from different orientations to read or code.
These steps will change your orientation
- Open SETTINGS.
- Click on “System.”
- Click on “Display” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the section “Select and rearrange display”. Select the monitor you wish to adjust.
- Continue to adjust the orientation under the “Scale & layout” section. You will need to use the Orientation menu drop-down. There are four modes: Portrait, Landscape, Portrait (flipped), Landscape, and Portrait (flipped).
Windows 10 Advanced Display Settings Management
Select the custom color profile you want and then click on the display adaptor properties button. After that, you can set your custom color profile. After you have done that, click on the color control tab. You will see the color management button. Click on the Devices tab in the menu to select the display you want.
Always make sure to checkmark the box ‘use my settings for this display’. Next, click the add button. Here you will find the color profile page. Click the browse button to locate the new profile. Double-click the. icm file to install a new profile.
Once you have done that, click on the “close button detection” of multiple monitors in Windows 10. After you’ve got the display, you can connect it to the computer by clicking on the ‘close button detection’.
Right-click on the desktop to do this. Next, select the display settings from the menu. The new window will then be opened in front of your eyes. To customize the window, click on the highlighted “detect” button. This will ensure that all windows can see your monitor.
When you adjust the SETTINGS option, the first option (‘extend these display’) allows you to select the option from the drop-down menu. This is the common implementation of multiple screens to let you take over windows you don’t want to be focused on. To gain the access you need, drag them to the second monitor.
Bottom-line for using dual monitors Windows 10
Before you begin the procedure, make sure that all cables and connectors are available. If you have any questions regarding the connection or configuration, please refer to the user manual. Keep checking this space for more information about your favorite gadgets.