Today we will show you how to set up Orbi’s WiFi system. The main router and satellite. The following tutorial will guide you through the setup and syncing of the Orbi Router.
What is Orbi Router exactly?
The Orbi is a Wi-Fi router system that provides faster Internet connectivity for modern users. Netgear’s Orbi Router can be purchased as a single router or with the system as per your requirements. To connect to your entire house with a reliable and faster connection, you can also purchase the 3-pack router system.
To extend your router’s range, you only need to set up the router. The router can then be connected to other routers. External add-ons, or satellites, can be used to provide smoother and faster connectivity.
Orbi router’s best feature is its ease-of-use and fast, uninterrupted Internet connectivity. Orbi Router will allow you to stream movies and TV shows seamlessly from your television.
We have prepared a tutorial on how to set up Orbi Router. To quickly set up Orbi Router, follow the instructions below.
Three Easy Steps to Install an Orbi Router
Orbi Router is compatible with all your devices. This Router can be set up using an iOS device, such as an iPad or iPod. The web browser can be used to connect the Orbi Router to your Wi-Fi network at home. It is very easy to set up the router. All you need is to follow these steps carefully. To set up the WiFi router system, you can also use Orbi’s official app.
The Web-browser method, out of all possible options, is the easiest. It gives you more options and easy instructions to set up your Router quickly.
Section 1: Configuring the Main Router
- First, unplug your Modem and wait 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, unplug the Modem and wait. To reset your modem, you will need to complete this step. This will give you an IP address which makes it easier to set up the modem.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Modem. The Yellow-colored port. The Yellow-colored port can only be found on the Satellite and the Main Router.
- Then, connect the power cable to the router using the power adapter. The box contains the power cable.
- After connecting everything as described above, you can turn on the Power button.
- Next, press the Power button located at the back of the Router. The green flashlight will turn on as soon as you press Power.
- The white LED on the router’s main Orbi Router flashes once it is switched on.
Section 2: Setting up the Satellite
You will need to place the satellite in the middle of your home for the best connectivity. This satellite provides reliable and faster connectivity without interruptions.
- Plug the satellite into a power adapter, and then turn on the power switch.
- After switching on the power switch, press and hold the power button located at the back of the Satellite.
- The green-colored light will start flashing as soon as you press and hold the power button.
- The Orbi’s Satellite LED light turns white.
- In the first three minutes, three colors flash from the Satellite’s LED. The color indicated below is which color.
- the blue solid blue light on the main Router signifies that the Router has been fully synced.
- Amber (Orange). The LED light on the Satellite will turn Amber if it is synchronized properly. This means that the connection between the two devices is good. The satellite device should be viewed closer if the Amber light turns on.
- Magenta (Pinkish Purple). The Magenta light means that the sync process was unsuccessful. The satellite and router are not synced.
For more information on the light indicators on both the satellite and main router, refer to the manual in the box.
Section 3: Setting up WiFi Router
This section will show you how to set up your Orbi WiFi Router. There are many ways to set up your WiFi router, as we have already mentioned. The mobile app is available on the App Store for iOS and Google Play Store Android users. To set up WiFi routers on a PC, you can use the browser.
- Start the web browser or the app. Verify that the browser or application is connected to Orbi Network.
- Open the orbilogin.com page i.e. Orbi’s official login page. You will see a login window. You can also open the app on your mobile device.
- You will need to enter your Username and Password in the login window. You can easily create a new account using the mobile app if you don’t have an account.
Password: Type the password you used to set up the Router.
- Select the QR Code option from this page and scan the code on the router’s backside. This will make the configuration and setup process easier.
- Follow the instructions on the page to select the area for the satellite.
Please note Make certain that your Orbi Router has a power supply. To establish the connection, make sure the power button is turned on. While configuring your main router, you can choose the Satellite area from the mobile app.
- Follow the instructions by clicking the Next button. Allow 3 minutes for the setup process to be completed. The Orbi Router will glow white.
- Next, click the Sync button and the satellite device will be synced with the main router. The application will detect satellites that are connected to the router. To add satellites to your router, click on the Add Satellite option.
Do not turn off your Orbi Router while you are setting up. You will need to repeat the setup process if you turn off your main router.
It is very easy to set up an Orbi Router. Follow the tutorial above and the on-screen instructions to set up your router.
The Orbi Router will automatically configure the satellite and satellite. You can find more information on setting up the router in the manual.