How to Use iPhone as Hotspot for Laptop?
How to use iPhone for a hotspot on the laptop? Life without the internet can make you feel disconnected from the rest. Wi-Fi is the preferred option when it comes to internet connectivity. What if you lose internet access?
You were on a trip and stopped at a restaurant to rest your eyes. You must send an email with urgent work. All of this is in vain. No Wi-Fi, no internet connectivity. Your iPhone can help you get the connection you require with the hotspot function.
Personal Hotspot Feature: Things You Need to Know
The hotspot is useful when there’s no Wi-Fi available or you have to pay for it. This is where the iPhone’s mobile data connection can be used to connect laptops and tablets to the internet. Personal hotspot connects to laptops via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB cable.
It depends on whether the carrier allows you to use it. This feature won’t appear on the iPhone’s settings screen if the cellular data does not permit it.
Another thing to be aware of is that if you use a hotspot you will need to have a mobile data plan. Users will need to ensure that data does not exceed the limit or count towards additional billing. It will not matter if you have an unlimited data plan, or a large data limit. Subscribers can request high-speed data tethering and may end up paying more. This is your choice or the one offered by your cellular carrier.
While the hotspot is a great feature, it drains the iPhone’s battery quicker. This is especially true when you use a Wi-Fi hotspot or tethering. You should always keep your iPhone connected to a power source. Once you have that, you’re good to go.
How to Use iPhone as a Hotspot for Laptop? How to Connect and Steps To Follow
There are three options when it comes to connecting your iPhone to an iPhone hotspot. These options allow your laptop to connect to the internet via mobile data from your iPhone. These are the three methods to connect hotspots:
- Use a Wi-Fi tethering connection
- Bluetooth connection
- Use the USB cable to attach your laptop
First, make sure your iPhone has a reliable mobile data plan. You don’t need to do anything beyond the basic settings. It’s not rocket science. But it’s easy to follow.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- To see more options, tap on the “Personal hotspot” settings
- You can see two options in this window. You have two options. One is to allow others to join your hotspot. The second is to create a password to protect it.
Note – Always use alphanumeric or symbols to create a strong password. If you are required to share your password with someone else, don’t do it.
For other users and Windows-based laptops, the ‘allow others join’ option must be selected. When connecting to a computer, they will require the given password. Devices and laptops (MacBooks, iPads, etc.) will not require a password. The password is not required to sign in to your iCloud account.
- The prompt will appear when you tap the “Allow others to join” option. This prompt will tell you that your iPhone’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are disabled.
You have two options for using the personal hotspot.
- To connect your laptop to a wireless network, either turn on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- You can use the USB-only option. To connect to your laptop, you will need a data cable (it is the USB-A cable to lightning cable).
- You can see the different options available in the personal hotspot settings windows when you turn on the switch.
These are the three options.
- Connect your laptop using Wi-Fi: To do this, turn on the Wi-Fi on your computer and search for the name of your iPhone. The phone’s name will be saved as “My iPhone”. Once you have entered the password, the hotspot will be connected. The most popular and easiest method to use these days is a personal hotspot over WiFi. It is not necessary to pair your smartphone with your laptop. After connecting to the mobile internet, you can access the Internet by simply entering your password.
- Bluetooth Connect: You will need to pair your iPhone to use Bluetooth tethering. After pairing, your iPhone will connect to the Internet via its Bluetooth hotspot. You will need to join the personal network if you have a Windows-based laptop. You will need to add your iPhone’s name to the devices list. Then you can connect. It is time-consuming and rarely used. Some users may also end up installing driver software, which can be frustrating.
- Connect with USB: This option is for those who already own a cable but don’t wish to use the wireless options. Simply plug your iPhone into the computer, select My iPhone from the list, and you’re ready to go. Another way to make sure no one can see your hotspot name is by using the USB cable. You can connect the USB cable and be online in minutes. This saves your battery, as opposed to other methods that drain it a lot. Your iPhone’s battery will also be charged up while surfing the internet.
Note – When your iPhone connects to the hotspot, it displays the time in a blue rectangle. This is a notification that your mobile data has been used. It also displays how many connections are being used by a personal hotspot.
The three methods to connect an iPhone to a computer are the best ways for the user to access the internet. Now you can check your email, browse websites, and finish the work.
Which is the best method of all three?
It is not your opinion that the best hotspot option is the best. The simplest way to connect iPhone and laptop is via USB. Bluetooth is the best and most secure way to connect iPhone to the laptop. Wi-Fi is also safer, as long as your password isn’t shared with strangers.
Secondly, if your Apple laptop is a MacBook Air, Pro, or iMac, the hotspot password does not need to be entered. Windows users need to ensure that their password is secure and not easy to forget.
Wrap it up
You are there. You have finally found the best way for your iPhone to stay connected while online. A hotspot is a great way to stay connected, even if there’s no Wi-Fi at all. We think that Wi-Fi hotspot Tethering is our favorite. If you experience battery drain, you can use USB tethering. Your iPhone will continue to charge even if it is connected to the computer. You have the option to access a backup internet at any time. This article was written on an iPhone’s hotspot. It’s amazing!