Laptop grants for students in the USA
Since the pandemic, distance education has grown in popularity. Online classes offer students and educators the same convenience and effectiveness as traditional classes on campus. It is unimaginable to be able to access your course from anywhere in the world. Many colleges and universities are looking to incorporate online classes into their curriculum.
Laptops of high quality and reliability can be quite costly. A laptop is not affordable for everyone, especially for students from low-income families. Different types of scholarships have been created in the US to make it possible for students to own a laptop.
Find Laptop Grants for Students here
Let’s have a look at some of the most popular sources for laptop grants for students in the US.
1 My College Laptop
The My College Laptop Scholarship is a program that gives away laptops of high quality and expensive every month to college students. This scholarship is designed to assist students in overcoming financial constraints that can hinder their academic pursuits.
The student must:
- You might consider attending college but not being enrolled at time of application.
- Graduate from high school or receive a GED.
- Proficient and high-level English speaker.
- Send an essay of 250+ words about “how a computer would help you” online
It is important to note that the My Laptop College Scholarship program has no affiliation or association with any school, university or state institution. This includes the US Department of Education and any other government agency.
2 – Laptops 4 Learning Laptop Scholarship
Dwayne Baker, founder of Laptops 4 Learning Laptop Scholarship, started it in 2015 after he realized the importance of technology for students. Students found laptops to be essential for achieving their academic goals and pursuing their career paths. Students often rely on the education and learning resources provided by their school or college, which can sometimes be limited and insufficient
Laptop 4 Learning was created to assist students in achieving their academic goals and to reduce barriers to technology affordability.
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the laptop scholarship:
- Send a 90-second video of yourself outlining your blended family experience
- Be a US citizen
- At least 18 years of age
- You are currently enrolled or plan to enroll in the US accredited college or university
You will be awarded US$ 500 if you are selected to receive this scholarship. This award can be used to purchase a laptop or complete your higher education.
3 – Apple Scholars Program
Apple manages the Apple Scholars Program. Apple created the Scholars Program in recognition of the creativity and academic achievements of high school seniors. It provides tuition grants and free Apple Nano iPods and laptop computers to college students.
High school students love the Apple Scholars Program, particularly those who are inspired by Apple’s innovative technology ideas.
Apple’s education-centric initiative is excellent. It is recommended that you consult your school administration to confirm if they are eligible.
4-Dell Scholars Program
The Dell Scholars program is designed to help students overcome personal problems in academic pursuits. Each year, approximately 500 college-going students are chosen to receive non-monetary and monetary scholarships funds to support their higher education.
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for Dell Scholars Program:
- Participate in college readiness programs in grades 11-12 that are approved by the program.
- For the current academic year, be enrolled in a graduate degree program at an accredited school.
- Demonstrate the necessity for financial assistance.
- You may be eligible for a Pell Grant during your first year of college.
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
You will be awarded this grant if you are successful.
- A US$ 20,000 scholarship
- 4-year warranty on your laptop
- Chegg credits (US$ 500/year for four years) can be used to rent textbooks or purchase textbooks.
- Personalized academic, financial, and emotional support for college students
- To connect families and resources, a Scholar Resource Network is created
We recommend that you visit the official site to learn more about the program and to verify that you meet the requirements for applying.
Best Dell Laptops for Students
Laptop scholarships are now as important as tuition scholarships, especially for college education. Aspiring academicians should not be discouraged by the lack of technology or inability to pay for expensive technological resources. Apply for laptop grants to students if you also need a laptop in order to improve your class performance.