How to connect the laptop to the projector using USB
Although the process is simple, there are some steps you need to take to ensure that your projector can be connected to your laptop with a USB. Before you move on to the next step, make sure that all necessary accessories are available.
Why use USB ports?
The VGA slot is required for the connection of the projector and the computer. You may not realize that the external monitor is already using the VGA slot of your laptop. If you want to connect both the projector or the external monitor simultaneously, then you will need to have access to the USB port. You will also need the USB to VGA converter for the same purpose. You don’t have to worry about the USB port on most projectors. This allows you to connect via USB with your laptops.
Things you need
- USB-to-VGA adapter
These are the steps
- Plug the power cord into your projector’s back. Then, connect the other end to the nearest electrical outlet.
- You can now establish the USB connection from the USB adaptor to the VGA adaptor. This must be done in the rectangular slot on the side.
- Connect one end of your cable to the adaptor VGA. Attach it to the other end of the USB Cable.
- Then plug the other end into the VGA skill slot. This slot is located in the back panel of the projector.
- Turn on the projector, and then click on the Windows button located next to the Alt button. Holding the windows button and the P key simultaneously is required.
- Next, select the duplicate option from the list of options on the screen. It will display what is on the screen to the projector.
If this fails, you can try updating your drivers to see if the problem persists. Follow these steps to do this.
- Uninstall the USB controller driver first.
- Press the Windows and X keys.
- Click the device manager.
- Expand the universal serial bus controller.
- Right-click any device you see under the universal serial bus controller Node.
- Click on the “uninstall” button.
- Now restart your computer and let it proceed with the USB controller installation.
- Connect your computer to the device once more to verify if it is working.
Instructions to Windows 7 and 8
- Hold down the windows button on the keyboard.
- Next, press P. You will see a variety of display options.
- To highlight the display options, hold down the windows button and then press the P.
- Next, click on the duplicate button and highlight the image you want to appear on your laptop.
- To use the projector as an additional monitor, click on the EXTEND button.
- Once you have chosen the option you want, click the Windows button.
Instructions to Windows 10
To connect to Windows 10, right-click on any desktop background.
- Make a selection of graphic properties.
- Click on the resolution to move on to display.
- Adjust the slider’s resolution and then click on the Save Profile option.
Instructions to Mac
The Mac automatically selects the project from the start-up menu and sends the laptop image.
If you still have problems with this, you can click on the Apple menu.
- Select the system preferences, then go to the hardware row.
- Click on the menu to display the menu.
- Now, click on detect displays.
The bottom line on how to connect the laptop with a projector using a USB
These steps will help you connect your laptop to a projector using USB. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section.