How do I connect Ring Doorbell to Google Home?
Modern smart devices are a great way to secure and monitor your property. Smart devices like speakers can also be used to control other smart devices, such as lighting and thermostats. Doorbells do not compromise in this situation. Over the past decade, smart doorbells have seen a lot of popularity thanks to Amazon’s Ring line and Google’s Nest range. For example, the Amazon Ring doorbell works with Alexa and Google Assistant.
Google, however, has not made it a priority to allow compatibility with other smartphones as they create their own devices. Ring users will be happy to know that the Doorbell is compatible with the Google Home speaker.
Google Home and Ring doorbell can be used together. You can also control certain aspects of the Doorbell with Google Assistant. Let’s take a look at how the Doorbell connects with Google Home.
How does the Ring Doorbell connect to Google Home via the Home App?
Let’s assume that you have already installed the Google Home app onto your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet. You may also need to install the Ring app.
Next, open your browser on the phone and go to Google Assistant. Next, click on “Send to device” and choose the Google Home that you wish to link with the Ring Doorbell. You should see a popup telling you to connect Google and Ring.
You can connect your Ring doorbell to Google Home using the App
- Open the Google Home app on Android or iOS smartphones or tablets
- Click on the (+) sign
- Next, click on ‘Set up a New Device’
- Choose the device that you wish to connect (Ring Doorbell).
- Follow these guidelines
- To allow Google Home to control your device (Ring Doorbell), click on “Allow”.
- Click ‘Done’ to complete the setup.
How does the Ring Doorbell connect to Google Home via Google Assistant?
- Search for the Google Assistant page in your browser.
- In the upper right corner of your screen, you can send to the device
- Choose the device that you wish to connect to Ring Doorbell
- A pop-up message will be displayed on your phone
- To connect Google Home to the Ring Doorbell, click on the pop-up message
- Log in with your Ring username, passcode, and password
Google Home: How do you control the Ring Doorbell?
After you have completed the setup steps, you will be able to set tasks with either the Google Home App or Ring App. You can give your Ring Doorbell a name or include other people who can use it
This feature is very useful, especially if there are multiple doorbells connected to your Home Wi-Fi network. It is easy to set up the doorbell name.
- Open the Google Home app on Android or iOS smartphones or tablets.
- Go to Settings from the Home screen
- For your Ring Doorbell, enter a “Name”
- Click to “Save” the name of your doorbell
These steps will allow you to add people to the Doorbell.
- Open the ring app on your Android smartphone or tablet
- Click on the “Menu” button to go to “Settings.”
- Click on the (+) sign
- Enter the Email Address of the new user
- Choose from Guest User, Owner, or Shared Users Roles
- Ending with a ‘Sending Invitation’
What Commands can you give the Ring Doorbell via Google Home?
The Ring Doorbell can be paired with Google Home to perform essential functions. This is possible with a few add-ons. The ring can be controlled using the Ring app. It is available for iOS and Android.
The majority of features available on the Ring app are also available on the Google Home App. These functions allow you to send Ring Doorbell commands like:
- Notifications from the Ring can be turned on or off
- You can toggle between turning on and off gesture notifications
- Confirm when the doorbell rang the last time
- To start recording footage, command the bell
- Verify the battery percentage for the Ring Doorbell
Home automation can be a daunting task, especially when you have to use devices from different manufacturers like the Ring Doorbell or Google Home. Three rd parties have made every effort to ensure that these devices are compatible with different platforms.