Best Wifi Extenders for Home
The coronavirus pandemic has made it easier to work from home and study remotely. Your Wifi signal is working overtime, sometimes exceedingly so. Wifi extenders are recommended to eliminate blind spots and reduce network lag. Your kids can now enjoy online gaming free of buffering in the comfort of their rooms, and you can work comfortably without your browser taking forever to load.
Check out this list of the best home Wifi extenders
A Wifi extender can help your Wifi signal reach every corner of your house if it isn’t reaching certain areas. Below is a list of the top 6 Wifi extenders for your home.
1. Netgear Nighthawk X6S EX8000
Nightgear Nighthawk X6S EX8000 extends your Wi-Fi coverage up to 2500 feet. You can seamlessly connect up to fifty devices like IoT (Internet of Things), tablets, smartphones, laptops, and others. Amazon currently sells it for 189.99.
- This allows you to create a large mesh network, instead of many smaller ones. The signal can be quickly received from any place in your home.
- Multiplayer: This allows multiple players to play online, and heavy 4K video streaming.
- You can plug-in devices such as gaming consoles via 4-gigabit ports.
- Compatibility: The extender can be used with any gateway, cable modem, or wireless router.
2. TP-Link RE650 AC2600
The TP-Link RE650 AC2600 extender retails at $96.06 and can be used with any gateway or router.
- MU-MIMO Wave 2 Technology allows dual-band (RE650), to communicate with multiple devices simultaneously.
- Beamforming technology transmits Wifi signals to specific devices.
- Smart indicator lights that will help you locate the ideal place for your extender. It is ideal to place it between your router, and the area where you will need a network.
- You can connect devices to your network using the Gigabit Ethernet port
- Quad antenna
3. Linksys Velop Wi-Fi extender
The Linksys Velop extension is easy to use and is app-based. Download an app from Google Play, App Store, and then install it.
- It is powered by a quad-core ARM Cortex A7 processor running at 716MHz
- Beamforming allows it to target specific devices with a particular signal
- 11ac network
- Dual Stream 2×2
4. Netgear Orbi Whole Home Mesh Wifi System
The Netgear Orbi tri-band mesh extender is fast and inexpensive at just $159.14 The extender covers a distance of 2300 feet, can be used on at least 45 devices, and supports 4K streaming as well as multi-player gaming.
- Dual-band: 1×2.4GHz at 400 Mbps, 1x5GHz at 866Mbps.
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Beamforming feature
- Use the triband FastLane3 technology to reach speeds of up 2200 Mbps (Trademark).
5. Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 Wifi Range Extender (EX7300)
The extender costs 133.99 and can cover up to 2000 square feet. The Ac2200 dual-band Wireless signal can be used to connect up 35 devices.
- Smart roaming lets you use an existing SSID to remain connected to the entire house.
- AC2200 Wifi Speed, which provides up to 2200Mbps through its dual-band Fastlane technology (patented).
- Compatible with all routers
- 1 Ethernet port wired
- Supports WPA/WPA2 & WEP security protocols
6. Amped Wireless Athena-EX (RE2600M)
Although the price tag may seem high, this extender is well worth it. It has many great features that are suitable for large offices or homes.
- Coverage range from 15,000 to 15,000 feet
- It has four powerful amplifiers and 16 high-gain antennas
- AC2600 Wifi Speeds up to 800 Mbits (2.4 GHz), and 1733 Mbits (5 GHz).
- MU-MIMO allows seamless connectivity to multiple devices
- Universal, connects to all routers and gateways
- File sharing via two USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports
- 4 Gigabit ports
How an extender can help wireless coverage?
Most homes have some Wifi blind spots, and when everyone needs to work on the internet simultaneously, it is a problem. An extender will allow you to extend the signal to all rooms, rather than having everyone sit in one spot with strong signals.
Everyone can have fast internet access for their daily activities. Consider these things when buying an extender:
- The coverage range
- Beamforming features
- Compatibility with any router/gateway
- Ports for USB and Gigabit Ethernet
Make sure you choose the right extender for your WiFi needs. Also, consider the future. It can connect five devices. In the future, more might be added, so make sure you choose one that is larger than the ones you currently have.