Google Chromebook runs on the unique Google Chrome Operating System. Chromebook offers a unique user interface that is different from Windows and Mac computers. Chromebook users often find it difficult to perform normal tasks on their Chromebook devices. Printing a document from Chromebook is the most difficult task for most Chromebook users.
This guide will show you how to connect your Canon Printer to your Chromebook if you own a Chromebook. This guide was created to assist Chromebook users in getting quick prints using Canon’s Printer.
It can be a little tricky to connect Canon’s Printer and Chromebook. We have provided step-by-step instructions to help you.
How do I connect Canon Printer to my PC?
Canon Printers are the most well-known brand in the sector, with the latest Wi-Fi connectivity. Three ways can a Canon Printer user connect to their PC system.
- Use the Wi-Fi connectivity built into your device
- The Wired Connection
- Use the USB data cable compatible with your device
These three options are available to connect Canon Printers with your PC system. Google Chromebook initially allowed users to connect external printers via a Google Cloud Print. Google Cloud Print is no more available.
To print the documents, one can easily connect the Canon Printer to a Chromebook. Let’s move on to the tutorial!
How do I connect Canon Printer to Chromebook
Part 1: Connecting with the Internet
Canon printers can be connected to the Internet. It can be connected using either the Wi-Fi button built into the printer or the Wired connection.
- By pressing the Power buttons, turn on the Canon Printer.
- To set up Wi-Fi or Wired Network connections, follow the instructions in the manual. You should refer to the manual as each printer is unique.
- Connect the Printer to the Network. Turn on the Chromebook, and then sign in with the same network. Verify that the Chromebook is connected to the same network as the Canon Printer.
Part 2: Add Canon Printers to Chromebooks
- Click the Profile icon in your Chromebook to open it.
- Choose the Settings option in the Profile menu.
- You will see the Advanced option at the bottom of this page. Click that option.
- This page could have a Printing section. Select the Printers option.
- Select Add Printer.
- You can see the name and IP address of the Printer that you have just connected to the Internet. Click on the name to select it.
- You can also manually add your Canon Printer by selecting the option Select manufacturer and model.
Part 3: Printing begins
Once you have established the connection, you can print your documents with your Chromebook
You can print the current page by pressing Control+P and selecting the appropriate folder from the printer to print it.
This is how to connect a Canon Printer with a Chromebook. If you cannot find the name of your Printer in the list, use the manual method to add it to Chromebook. These steps will demonstrate how to manually connect a Canon Printer with Chromebook.
How do I manually connect my Canon printer to my Chromebook?
You will not be able to locate your Printer’s name in the Chromebook’s list. You will need to manually connect the Printer in this instance. Below are the steps required to manually connect a Canon Printer and Chromebook.
- To open the Settings menu, turn on your Chromebook.
- Click the Settings button and then the Advanced tab to open the Advanced Settings page for your Chromebook device.
- Click the Add Printer button.
- To manually add the Canon Printer to your Chromebook, select Add Nearby Printers. You will need to manually add the Printer’s information. You will need to fill in the fields with details about the printer like the name, IP address, and so on. The user manual contains all the information about the printer. The official Canon website also has information on the printer. Simply enter the product code or name.
- Once you have entered the details, click the Add button to add a printer.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: My Canon printer is connecting with Chromebook but not with Mac. What could it be?
You must ensure that your Chromebook has a Canon’s Printer installed. In the tutorial, we have provided the correct steps for connecting the Canon’s Printer to your Chromebook. Please follow the steps above to connect your Canon Printer to Chromebook.
Question 2: My Canon Printer’s Model isn’t showing my Chromebook. What should I do?
You will need to manually add the printer to your Chromebook in this instance. You will need information such as the model number and IP address to do this. In the tutorial, you will also find instructions for manual connections.
Question 3: How can I find out more information about my Canon Printer
The information about the product can be found on the packaging. The user manual included in your box contains information about the Canon Printer. You can also find useful information about your printer on Canon’s official site. Simply enter the product name, and all the information you need will appear right on your screen.
It is not difficult to connect a Canon Printer to a Chromebook. However, it can take hours in some cases. If your Canon Printer is still not connecting to Chromebook, please dial the toll-free number and get technical assistance from their customer service team.
Canon is well-known for its ability to provide on-the-spot services through phone and doorstep visits. Call their toll-free number and get immediate assistance.